Monday, October 13, 2008

Secrets of the Slammer.

The Secret is out...
I love prisons.
Now I don't mean the present day penitentiary's. I mean old fashion, dare I say "vintage" prisons. I know it is completely random and strange but I can't help it. I am intrigued with the cell blocks, solitary confinement, prison yards, and even more...prison escapes. I am a huge fan of prison movies (such as The Great Escape, Escape From Alcatraz, Shawshank Redemption, the list goes on) and really, who doesn't like stripes?

The truth is that this secret interest that I have had for quite some time may have been kept locked up (he he) if I hadn't had the awesome opportunity to visit one of these "Rocks." Recently on a visit to California I got to go see Alcatraz and I confess I totally turned into one of those crazy tourists who takes a million pictures and is WAY to excited on the tour.

Here is The Rock in all of it's beauty...
They say, "You break the law, you go to prison. You break the prison law, you got to
Alcatraz!"


Sheer joy! I am sure I am the only prisoner who ever smiled from behind the bars.

After returning to from my trip, I could no longer hide my prison excitement which inspired my awesome roomie to plan a "prison" birthday party for me, which was BRILLIANT. We all wore stripes (because they are cuter than orange jump suits), ate chili & potatoes, and played Mafia. I never I thought I would see my precious friends turn into such thugs. It was a blast!


Plus, I got mug shots of all my the prison guests! How many people do you know have mug shots of all of their friends?? I sure do. Enjoy...









I confess. I love prisons. I loved my prison party. I love my friends.

No comments: