Monday, October 13, 2008

Go Take a Walk.

I had the sweetest moment today...
It wasn't too profound or life changing but it sure was sweet. I spent some time talking to God this morning and as I was praying I got this picture in my mind of the most beautiful fall tree. It reminded me of this awesome tree planted by the water in Drake Park. Honestly, I couldn't get this picture out of my mind. So, I put on my new running shoes and my comfy clothes and decided to go for a walk. I had this sense that God was calling me to go on a walk with Him.

While soaking in the sunshine and the brilliance of the Fall trees, Jesus and I just chatted. Mostly I listened as He encouraged my heart. Spoke about the exciting things ahead and reminded me that my utter delight at the beauty of Fall is nothing compared to His delight in His children. The views and weather were perfect and breathtaking. However, they were also nothing compared to my walking buddy today. I felt His nearness, His love, and His simplicity.

While I said that my walk with Jesus wasn't too profound, I guess I was wrong. The truth that the God of the Universe beckoned me to take a walk with Him, hear His voice, and enjoy His company...that is pretty profound.

I did see that tree from my head in Drake Park today and
God reminded me of Psalm 1:3 that talks about the people of God being like that tree...

" They are like trees planted by streams of water,

which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever they do prospers."


I love His Promises and I love Him.

No comments: