Saturday, October 25, 2008

Quirks to Live By.

This blog is completely inspired by my dear friend Katie's confession of her little areas of oddity. I was told recently that I have more "quirks" than the average person. Here are a few strange things about me. I ordinarily think of myself as a fairly normal person, but I am beginning to wonder...you be the judge.

* I have an extreme sensitivity to what I call "soft sounds." You know the sound of people chewing, water trickling, liquids being swallowed, the list goes on. Frankly it makes my skin crawl and it is quite hard to not go weak. Sad but true.

* I make my bed every morning while I am partially still in it. I realize this has OCD tendencies but it's a fact.

* I love monochromatic meals (foods of all one color). I don't know why but it's soothing to me.

* I also have a sensitivity to a few choice words. I will NOT say them here as to provide others with a weapon against me. They are not naughty words, they simply heeb me out (as in the heebie jeebies).

* I love my food really hot! I will even get up and go microwave a meal halfway through.

* I pronounce the word banana like "banawna," magazine like "megazine," and bagel like "begel."

* I layer my cereal...i.e. layer of bananas, Cracklin Oat Bran, and if I am lucky, strawberries!

The list truly is endless.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Jenna I miss you! And your quirks are what make you truly wonderful!

Loves!

First Responders said...

and I love you still... :)

joann boswell said...

I'm officially adding the word "heeb" to my usable verbs list. Thank you.

Corey Parnell said...

Oh, but won't you please tell us the list of words that give you the heebies?! I'm dying to know!

For me they're 1. placenta, 2. tender, 3. "love on" like, they're just loving-on each other, sick & 4. uterus.

Can't wait to hear yours!
Whit

Unknown said...

Your sooo cute! There is no way I will post my quirks though! The list would be way to long:)