Monday, October 6, 2008

Mmmm, Good.


Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see-
how GOOD God is.
Psalm 34:8

I have been struck this morning at the goodness of God. Like a toasty blanket around me or a warm cup of something yummy seeping down to warm my insides, so is the goodness of God. Sitting here in His presence this morning I am overwhelmed at the ways that God demonstrates His goodness in my life.

Looking back over the past few months I stand in awe at the practical and spiritual ways that God has drenched my life with His goodness. I am reminded of the story of the ten lepers who were healed by Jesus in Luke 17. Today I want to be the ONE leper who, in seeing all that Jesus has done, runs back to thank Him. I want to shout my gratitude and make sure that the reflection of His goodness in my life truly brings God glory.

While my heart pours out thanks this morning, I also want to express how thankful I am for the friends that God has given me. I am daily reminded of the goodness of God as I look at each of you. You reflect His character and usher in more of Jesus into my life. I am grateful to walk this way with you. May you soak in the goodness of God in your own lives and know the love I have for you as well.

God is good...Mmmm...take a sip.

2 comments:

Jessie Dale said...

What a great post! I can't wait for Temba, Casey just sent me the poster... and I got so excited. God IS good... and you are amazing lady. Hope all is well!

Lindsey said...

Oh wow! The ways of the LORD continue to amaze me! Today was an incredible day for me here at DTS. God was asking me to "Taste, and see that the LORD is good!" Thanks for your encouragement! What a blessing to look at your blog out of the blue, and read confirmation to what God is speaking to me.
:)