Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I need to See His Face.

I sense the presence of the Living of God today...sweet like cinnamon in the air. It roles around my head, stirs in my heart, and seems so thick at times that I could reach out and touch Him. Oh I need Him, the more I sense Him I am overwhelmed with this insatiable ache within to lay hold of my Sweet Saviour. Oh, He is good.

I read Exodus 33 where Moses boldly asks not only for the Presence of God to go with him, mark his life, but even more-he cries out to see the face of God. Here I am sitting at Backporch and want to weep with this overwhelming desire to have more of this Presence and to SEE HIS FACE.

I sense the Spirit showing me the many places where the face of God has been present in my life in just the past few days. I have seen Him...

In the deep sincerity of Jocelyn, a 7th grade who just accepted the Lord. After hearing the brief gospel story, she looked me in the face and said that she just wished she knew the rest of the story. That was the Spirit at work. I saw Him in that longing. He put that within her. He will meet that desire by showing her His face. Oh how sweet that is.

I saw Him in the faces of my dear friends who send me encouraging notes, speak words of life, confirm God's call on my life, get behind my passions, and believe in me. God is there. He is living and acting in the lives of my friends to minister to my thirsty soul.

God is there in the quiet moments when first wake up in the morning. He satisfies me by letting me see His likeness. He renews me each morning with His mercy, breath of life, grace, and love.

Oh, the love of God. I see Him amazingly coming out of me as I am struck again and again with His heart for the lost around me. He stops me in my tracks to break my heart. To say, "Jenna, this is my heart of love for the world."

I sense His Sovereignty and then in that deep place in my soul I feel the intimacy of the Living God. He is all around us. His face is present where you least expect it. If we are willing to seek the face of God and not just His hands, we will be changed. For no one can see His face and live. (Exodus 33:20) As I encounter the majesty of the face of God around me, I want to be refined, that parts of me may die, and I may more clearly reflect the beauty of His face.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

This is beautiful.

Lindsay