Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Forgiveness and a flat tire.

I started the day with a flat tire. Again.

After dealing with the tire, I sat down to check blogs and was taken back by a comment that an anonymous person posted on a recent blog of mine.

Recently, I posted a picture that was meant to be funny however it was at the expense of somebody else; setting a poor example for those around me particularly the students that are watching the way I live my life. This anonymous person loved me enough to call me out on it, which they were 100% right on. I instantly felt the sting of conviction and the sickness of sin. I know that I am a sinner but in this seemingly small circumstance I was flooded with the weight of my own uncleanliness. Of course I removed the pic but more than that I ran to the Lord in repentance. In this place of remorse, I found GRACE and FORGIVENESS.

Forgiveness from this and many sins and grace to not stay sick in sin but to be free and clean. Of course God arranged for the 1 John 1:8-9 to be in today's reading.

"If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness."

Today I have been overwhelmed with a new sense of the grace, mercy, and love of God. I am a Sinner saved by grace. I do not deserve to be forgiven but Jesus declared it so. I am sorry for the foolishness of my sins and SO thankful for His forgiveness.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

you are amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your heart and being transparent. I wasn't expecting a response. What an example to set for everyone.