Sunday, July 6, 2008

Hope.

Hope.
I think that quite possibly that is one of the most beautiful words in the English language.

Lately God has been making me stop and take notice of this little word and the thickness behind it. I say thickness because this seemingly ordinary word has intense power within. I believe that the Precious and Powerful Message that Jesus brought to the world was carefully packaged in the wrappings of love and tied neatly with a tender ribbon of Hope. To dig in and receive all that God has, you must encounter Hope.

As I read Isaiah 35:7 this morning, it said, "Springs of water will burst forth out in the wilderness, streams flow in the desert. Hot sands will become a cool oasis, thirsty ground a splashing fountain."

I have to admit, I have found myself in quite the wilderness/desert off and on over the last year and it has been these streams of living water that God brings forth that has given me a deeper understanding of hope. In the natural when one finds oneself wondering in a desert, water of any form is an extreme symbol of hope. The words that I have heard my Father speak is that I am to, "Swim in His Hope." Regardless of my circumstances I can walk through the desert with eyes of faith finding hope bubbling up here and there. The challenge is to not just look at His promises and take a sip, but rather to dive head first and wait for His hope to prove itself. Believe me, His hope will not disappoint.

Here is the remarkable thing: The more you swim in the hope of God, let it surround you, strengthen you, and fill the cracks of doubt that the desert has created, you will find hope pouring out of you. I wish I could pass onto you this deep undercurrent of hope I know possess in my soul. It is real, it is delightful, and it comes straight from the heart of my Daddy.

Hope changes things.
Hope sees what God sees.
Hope is that precious little whisper that always gets the last word.
Hope is bubbling up where you least expect it.

My friends, take a swim in the hope of God and watch it pour out of you.

No comments: