Monday, July 20, 2009

Still Standing.

I have been silent for some time...I have wanted to write but have felt I better keep quiet. I have sought solitude in pursuit of some much needed perspective and soul sorting out that could only be done in the secret, quiet places with my Saviour. It hasn't been easy but I am sensing His restoration and strength renewing me day by day.

Throughout the last few weeks, I have heard echoes of His Word deep in my spirit.

He has said...

Do not grow weary in doing good,

for in due season you will reap a harvest if you do not give up.”

(Galatians 6:9)


To be honest,

I have grown weary.

Circumstances have threatened my view of God and who He is.

My faith has seemed as small as a mustard seed.

I have been beat down and challenged.

I have wanted to give up.

Each new day I have run to Jesus from a place of wondering, weakness, and brokenness and found that His strength has renewed me. He has reminded me that He has created me to not be a quitter, that HE is the Author and Finisher of my faith, and that He is enough.

The strength of God's Spirit within me has caused me to stand. I have stood and I have purposed to sow seeds of obedience, sacrifice, and worship. I cannot see the harvest quite yet, but I know it is on its way. For He has promised and He is faithful.

No comments: