Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Coleman 5309.

Tonight the power went out.

Ahh, to live in a village with “routine” power outages.

As I stumbled through the dark toward the kitchen where a pile of dirty dishes awaited me, I was dreading the task of scrubbing in the dark yet again. But alas, I remembered a little gadget tucked away in my house that would help get the job done. I enlisted my cell phone as a torch and made my way to my cottage where my new favorite gadget awaited me. Don't you worry, those dishes are spotless thanks to the help of the “Coleman 5309 Series”...

...This little puppy commonly used for Spelunking, [Spelunking (verb): the act of exploring caves], can be comfortably fastened to your head using the adjustable strap for hand-free, no-fuss illumination. It's wide-beam light is versatile as it moves up and down vertically for optimal viewing pleasure. Wherever the wearer looks, the Coleman 5309 lights the way with ease.

Once I finally regained my vision after squirting tears from hysterical laughing at how ridiculous I looked/felt, I gathered myself and set to the task of dish doing. The Coleman 5309 worked brilliantly-Oh, that has meaning on so many levels. I highly recommend this new little gadget to be added to this year's birthday and Christmas list. It's a must-have for the season.

Feel free to laugh your head off, I have been doing it all night. Especially when I finally looked in the mirror. I dearly love to laugh.

2 comments:

Mekenzie Stearns said...

hehe oh Jenna I love you so dearly! This is so wonderful....

Cassie said...

i dearly love your face, and reading this blog, and "hearing" your voice in it!

reading this blog made me:
a. want to come to Africa
b. turn off all my lights and pretend i am in a routine power outage.
c. go spelunking.
d. get a head lamp.
e. do dishes.
f. want to come to Africa.