Friday, May 22, 2009

A Life Lived in Response.

“What we've learned is this: God does not respond to what we do; we respond to what God does. We've finally figured it out. Our lives get in step with God and all others by letting Him set the pace, not by proudly or anxiously trying to run the parade.”
Romans 3:27-28


Today in the midst of His Presence I heard a whisper of His Word that stopped me in my tracks.
It caused my striving and wrestling to cease.
The burden of self-judgment and disappointment fell off my shoulders.
God has called me to simply live a life in response to Him and what He has already done.

Because He has shown me extravagant love, I can show love.
He has been merciful to me, so I can show mercy.
I walk daily in His grace towards me, now I can be full of grace.
He has been so gentle to me, so I can show gentleness.
He has believed in and for me, now I can believe in Him.
God has shown unending compassion on me,
now I am free to be compassionate.
Somehow He delights in me, and He has become my delight.

A life lived in response to the magnificent works of God
requires something of me.
I have to know His ways.
I have to know where His Spirit is brilliantly on the move.
I must daily expose my soul to the Presence of the Living God.
My regular response must be one of worship and awe.
My heart is stirred to never miss an opportunity to respond to the majestic ways of my Maker.

No comments: