Saturday, May 23, 2009

In Love With a Chair.





I have officially fallen in love with a chair.

Sounds silly, I know. But, it is totally true.

I know because I can't stop looking at it.



It also makes me burst forth with that little squealing noise that only comes out of me when I am utterly excited.

Why do I love this chair?


Perhaps it's because it's adorable and cozy, because it totally is.

Maybe it's because it is short and tiny kind of like me.

It may be because it's made of darling hand-woven wicker material.

It also has happily filled a previously lonely corner in my new little cottage.

It could be because a dear Motswana man spent 4 days weaving it and then waiting to sell it to me on the side of the road.

It also faces the sunsets that paint God's glory across the sky.

All these reasons are valid and have solidified my love and devotion to my new little chair.


However, the best reason I am in love with my new chair is because Jesus meets me there.

Early in the morning, snuggled with a cup of tea, my Bible, journal, and my new little chair meet with my Precious Saviour.

I think God likes my chair too.

He made sure we found each other amidst the vastness of the African bush.

I love my chair and I am pretty sure my chair loves me.


No comments: