Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Road Trip Revelation.

My fresh revelation for today...neither holy nor anointed, but still just as true.

I have begun to view my 2 hour (round trip) drive from my village to "town," as a road trip.
I know this because I find myself incessantly overcome with the urge to purchase road trip edible essentials every time I am heading home.

You know the stuff they sell right by the register? Yea, that stuff.
Sad thing is the urge too often gives way to purchasing. Now road trips are awesome because you can embrace the beef jerky, pop, candy and sweets guilt free because you can justify it as necessary sustenance for the once in a blue moon journey. It is part of the "road trip experience." Trouble is that I make this trek almost everyday...sometimes twice.

Have you ever considered what might happen if you, too, viewed your commute as if it were a road trip. Yes, it is a scary, scary thing indeed. But then again, somewhat thrilling too.

1 comment:

Stephenie said...

Okay, I just have to say, every time I come onto your blog, I am seriously SHOCKED that no one ever leaves any comments! Maybe the general public is not yet aware of the brilliant, creative, sometimes funny, sometimes serious, but always from the heart writing that is your blog. Well, let it be known that I for one, am fully aware. So from now on, you can just consider me the creepy blog-stalking girl who comments on the majority of your posts because she likes them so much.

And also, I'm a rather large fan of you. So let that be known as well. :)

LOVE YOU!
-- Steph