Monday, November 30, 2009

I'm So Excited and I Just Can't Hide It.


I have been trying to blog. I really have. I keep thinking of witty little tales to tell of scorpions in our house, battles with bleach and other mundane/amusing stories of my life. The truth is I am distracted, distracted in the best way. I am coming home so very soon!!! In a matter of weeks I will be boarding that plane in shorts and a tank top, where I will proceed to slather on the layers hour by hour to transform my Summer self into all things wintry and wonderfully home. As anticipation builds, I find my thoughts drawn to home like a rickety old cart consistently veering right no matter which way you steer it. In an attempt to ease the antsy-ness arising in me, I have compiled a list of people, places, and things I am beyond excited to see, go, and experience. Feel free to pencil in your name next to any item with which you so desire to join me in while I am home...

Disclaimer: I am well aware that over half of the items listed have something to do with consumption of food and in my mind I am justified with the truth that I will never consume said food alone.Friends and family will be present in all circumstances mentioned, I promise. Scout's honor.

I am so excited and I just can't hide it!

I can't wait for...

Being reunited with my precious and amazing Family

Froggin' around with my fabulous Friends

Christmas Eve Javens Family Talent Show 09

Millions of coffee dates to get the haps (though I only drink tea)

Lounging on my parents couch

Christmas morning traditions

Hiking the Butte

Drinking Hot Chocolate

Devouring a $5 footlong from Subway

Getting to eat a Caesar Salad

Backporch-I intend to sit there for hours and watch the snow fall

Decorating the Christmas tree

Bowling with my Dad

Hanging at the Moyers house

Holding Olivia Faith Unruh for the first time

Skipbo Tournaments

Seeing my brother Nathan after almost 2 years!

Charades (Holiday Version Please)

Watching Christmas movies

Westside Church-Nothing like my home church

Laughing and lots of it

Drinking Dr. Pepper & Mr. Pibb (Hello old friends)

SNOW

Walking in Drake Park

“Jamming” on the guitar with my brother Nate

Savoring Carmel Apple Cider from Starbucks

Corporate worship led by my friends

All things Christmas

The Nutcracker with my Mum

Buying Sale Summer clothes (just what I need!)

Shopping in real malls (hallelujah)

El Cap

Recording music with Katie and Noel

Ice Skating in Sunriver

Trout House with the girls

Breakfast at McDonalds with my parents

Hearing all that God has been up to Stateside

Speaking truth and encouragement into my beloved friends' lives

Sisters Coffee Company...London Fog, be still my heart.

Getting hugs

Sharing stories of the move of God in Bots

Praying in person with those I love

Resting

Being HOME.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This made me cry a little. Joy tears, of course.
You know how I am.


LOOOOOVE YOU!

-- Steph