Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Toothpaste.

I just spent a legitimate amount of time wrestling the last few drops out of my toothpaste.
I don't want to let it go.
Why? You ask.

If I admit defeat I have to throw away yet another link to the States,
my other home.
I had to buy African toothpaste today.
It made me sad.
African toothpaste is just like American toothpaste.
Only different.
It's from Africa and not America.

It's the small things that remind you that half way around the world is
another home.
A home in which I love and miss.
People whom I adore and ache to see.
However, God put me here...where they sell African toothpaste.

Decidedly, tomorrow morning I will enjoy my last day of American toothpaste.
Just know friends, my toothpaste will make me think of you.
It's true.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

... and so i shall send toothpaste.

... and i will always think of you while i brush my teeth.

... and i will, of course, continue to miss you.

Mekenzie Stearns said...

And I will just weep when reading this!