Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Reason I Was Created.

Do you ever have those rare moments that overwhelm you so much with joy that you stop, take a breath, and think to yourself, "THIS is the reason I was created?" I was just recounting one of those amazing moments with a dear 180 student the other day...When I had the privilege of living in Mama Africa I would daily walk down the hill from my house to the classrooms where I taught darling African children and breath in that moment. Gazing across the green rolling hills of rural South Africa as the sun rose, the freshness of the new morning created by my Jesus, Preschool babies yelling, "Miss!" and the droves of blue-uniformed darlings doddling down the road to school. Taking it all in I would smile so big I would almost squeak. That is a delicious memory that I cherish. Walking away from this recent coffee conversation I found my heart a little sad that those mornings are in the past. But alas, Jesus knew what I was thinking and this is the best part of the story...

That night at church I found myself lost in worship, delighting in Jesus and feeling like a little child so full of joy I could burst. In the midst of it all I heard Jesus use the same words I had used earlier that morning. He said, "Jen ( I love when He calls me that!), THIS is the reason you were created." What a relief to know that the call of God on my life is not conditional upon location (Africa or the States) it is simply to know and love my Jesus. That's it, phew. Loving Jesus? THAT I can do.

5 comments:

Cassie said...

i haven't even read this yet, but i was so excited that you had a blog i just had to comment!!!

sooo i shall read it later and then comment like a real person!!!

Cassie said...

oh my goodness i love your blog!!! and i love those moments!!!!!!!! They are pretty much amazing! You are such a dear, dear friend thanks for letting me in your life!

Katie Scott said...

Jenna - I love the way you write. I'm excited to watch this baby blog grow!

Katie Scott said...

Also, way to succumb to my blogroll influence! :)

Lindsay said...

So much love in my heart for you.